I woke yesterday to a very nice surprise when Ashley at http://onedreamymess.wordpress.com/ nominated me for the LEIBSTER award! Ashley lists coffee first in her list of likes, and also mentions she likes a little hot chocolate with her marshmallows, so you know immediately she is an intelligent person with extremely good taste. So saying, WTH is the girl doing following my blog??
And, yet, she does, and apparently she has good meds.
JUST kidding … check her blog – tons of helpful hints about training, nutrition and healthy living!
Liebster award ~ this award is meant to generate attention for new or upcoming bloggers.
The rules are:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger
- Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you
- 11 random facts about yourself
- List some bloggers with fewer than 200 followers that you really feel deserve a little blogging love!
- Let all of the bloggers know you’ve nominated them. You cannot nominate the blogger that nominated you!
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you’ve nominated to answer.
Here are Ashley’s questions to me:
1. What began your love for fitness & health?
I’ve been ‘running’ since my twenties because it seemed the right thing to do, stay healthy, burn a few calories; I would just set out on the street in front of my house and run through the neighborhood, no training, no fuel, no plans. Ten or twelve years ago I got involved in a running group that helped me train for my first half marathon and then my first full. I learned about warm up/cool down, pacing, fueling and felt like a “real” runner for the first time. But my real love for running, fitness and most of all runners and the running community began when I luckily fell into my job as administrative secretary for Memphis Runner’s Track Club. Interacting with all these awesome people has convinced me that healthy, fit people are happier people. Or, crazy.
2. What is my favorite workout?
Right now going for a run pain-free would be heaven. I have been able run three times since November when I broke my foot, so I can’t complain. I will probably run today, I just can’t decide to do it outside, with a ‘feel like’ temp of 11 degrees and the remains of a cold in my chest, or if I will hit the dreadmill. Or just drink more coffee, which is sounding good right now. I think my favorite workout is long training runs with friends. 18-20 miles running on the Greenway or out in the county on back roads, slow and easy, talking about everything, seeing the trees, old abandoned houses with green growing through the roof, counting road kill, trying to find a place for an emergency pit stop. And then, days later, meeting for lunch and crying laughing as we recount the escapades to our friends while the rest of the diners watch us warily.
3. What is my favorite indulgence for dessert?
Oddly as I get older my desire for sweets has waned. But I’ll happily take you out if you bogart the crème brulee.
4. If I won a trip to go anywhere, regardless of cost, where would it be?
The British Isles and Europe by rail, with a hike along the Pennine Way. Definitely a big dream of mine!
5. Favorite outdoor activity?
Other than running, sitting poolside with some friends and a very cold beer.
6. If I could have lunch with any famous person alive or passed away who would it be?
Maybe Robin Williams except I’m sure I couldn’t keep up with him. I’d probably have to skip eating food because the insane laughter would not aid digestion. If it were anyone, famous or not, I would choose my brother.
7. Go-to music genre for pump-up workout?
Classic Rock. Queen, AC/DC, etc., and then throw in Pink.
8. President for a whole year or Superman for one day?
Since I would not be President willingly for even a nanosecond, I guess it has to be Superman. Can I pick Wonder Woman instead?
9. Where do I shop for workout clothes?
Local running stores, sometimes online if I can’t find what I need.
10. Morning person or night owl?
Morning person – but only after I have coffee in my hand. Even the dog waits.
11. If it were possible to travel through time, would I speed up to the future or flash back to the past?
Totally flash back. I have a shitton of stuff I’d like to give myself a heads-up about.
Eleven Random Facts About Me:
1. I was born in Winslow, Arizona. Not on the corner, though.
2. I have a runner girl tattoo. I love her.
3. I have a really hard time coming up with eleven random facts about myself.
4. Because, mostly, everything about me is already all over FB and blogging.
5. I have eleven toes.
6. I was a complete, total, utter nerd in school.
7. But not a smart nerd. Just a nerd nerd.
8. Somehow, at some time in my life, I was lucky enough to realize it really just doesn’t matter.
9. Favorite indulgence food is … Taco Bell. *hanging head* I know…
10. I’ve hiked to the river and back at the Grand Canyon in a day, a couple times.
11. One of these random facts is a lie.
http://runswimbikediversify.wordpress.com/ Becky, a comrade in arms, a certifiable #crazynutjobrunner, is also a triathlete who has already completed a Half Ironman and is now training for her second because she just can’t get enough of the RDA of crazy.
http://elingsjourney.blogspot.com/ Eling, like Becky, is another one who can’t get enough and is not ‘just’ a runner but a triathlete. Like Becky and Julianne she is on a continuing journey toward fitness and if you need a bit of motivation she’s one to turn to!
http://middleagedwomanontherun.com/ Julianne is not a true newbie, she’s been around for a bit but I’m adding her as she is still striving to do her first full since St. Jude was cancelled this past December. Are you struggling? Need a lift? Check her out!
http://chocolatemedals.com/ Ashley is a runner on a great healthy journey, newlywed and living in Colorado. Through her I can live vicariously in Colorado and see awesome pics of food that I drool over.
http://smallislandrunner.wordpress.com/ I don’t know how I got lucky enough to stumble across this blog, or maybe she found mine first (too bad for her but a stroke of luck for me), but this blog is a BLAST – Ella is a novice runner who is living in Jersey (and I don’t mean New Jersey) for a year. I am vicariously living on this beautiful little island through her as she works toward her goal of running every road on the isle.
Nominees – here are your questions:
1. Why did you decide to start blogging?
2. If you could run any race in the world without worrying about cost, which would you choose?
3. How did you get started running (or your fitness choice)?
4. What is the funniest/weirdest thing you’ve seen/had happen on a run?
5. Favorite post-workout indulgence?
6. Music or purist, and if music, what’s your favorite?
7. Dreadmill or 25 degrees/10 degree feel-like temp? Dreadmill or 98 degrees and 98% humidity?
8. Go-to Mantra when it gets tough?
9. Morning or evening workout and why?
10. Best pre-run/workout fuel?
11. Favorite cross-training?